WHAT IS AIM?
The United States has the highest maternal mortality rate of any high resource country—and it is the only country outside of Afghanistan and Sudan where the rate is rising. The Alliance for Innovation on Maternal Health (AIM) is a national data-driven maternal safety and quality improvement initiative based on proven implementation approaches to improving maternal safety and outcomes in the U.S. Our end goal is to eliminate preventable maternal mortality and severe morbidity across the United States.
AIM works through state teams and health systems to align national, state, and hospital level quality improvement efforts to improve overall maternal health outcomes.
Any U.S. hospital in a participating AIM state or hospital system can join the growing and engaged AIM community of multidisciplinary healthcare providers, public health professionals, and cross-sector stakeholders who are committed to improving maternal outcomes in the U.S.
AIM is funded through a cooperative agreement with the Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB)-Health Resource Services Administration through August 2018.
- Broad Partnership
- Tools & Technical Assistance
- Implementation Training
- Real Time Data
- Build on Existing Initiatives
- Incremental Bundle Adoption
WHY TEAM UP WITH AIM?
- Access Patient Safety Bundles & Tools proven to save lives and reduce maternal morbidity. The most common complications associated with childbirth involves denial and delayed response from the health care team.
- Join a growing community dedicated to maternal safety and quality. AIM connects you to a growing partner and peer-to-peer support network through facilitated conference calls, collaborative online platforms and face-to-face meetings.
- Champion a culture of maternal safety in the U.S. When you join the AIM Collaborative, you will build your capacity to track your progress and benchmark your outcomes through a national data center to drive rapid-cycle and continuous quality improvement efforts.
AIM provides implementation and data support for AIM-supported Patient Safety Bundles and Tools. Enrollment is voluntary and available on a rolling basis. The enrollment form for AIM can be accessed HERE.