Terms and Conditions of Use American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Web Sites
- Medical Disclaimer – the College is Not a Health Care Provider:Medical Emergencies: Call 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency. DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES.All content on this Web site is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for individualized professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never rely on information on this Web site in place of seeking professional medical advice.
- Personal Login Information.Certain features and areas of the College Web sites are available only with registration or login. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password (“Personal Login Information”), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. The College is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact the College immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
- User Obligations.You warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the College Web sites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the College Web sites by other users or with the College’s operation and management of the College Web sites. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the College Web sites, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through a College Web site registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, the College reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the College Web sites. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the College Web sites, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including the College, through your use of the College Web sites. You will not transmit spam, bulk or unsolicited communications; forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers (including URLs) in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the College Web sites; or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Proprietary Rights.The content of the College Web sites includes, without limitation, (i) the College’s and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists’ trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively “College Marks”); and (ii) documents, text, information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, images, photographs, audio and video material, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the College Web sites (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as ” College Content”). College Content is the property of the College, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any College Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from the College or the owner of such content if the College is not the owner. Any use of the College Marks without the College’s express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in College Content, including any such notices appearing on any College Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the College Web sites.
- Responsibility for Use of the Internet and the College Web sites.Use of the Internet and the College Web sites is solely at your risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. The College does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the College Web sites over the Internet or other communication network. The College shall not be obligated to correct or update the College Web sites or College Content and the College shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the College Web sites.
- Patient Information.State and federal laws, as well as ethical and licensure requirements, impose obligations with respect to patient information and patient confidentiality that limit your ability to receive, disclose, or make use of patient information, including transmitting patient information to others. You warrant that you will comply with all laws that may directly or indirectly govern your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure, or storage of patient information. You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining any patient consents, if applicable, and all other consents or permissions required by law or advisable with respect to your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of patient information. You shall be solely responsible for your retrieval, use or misuse, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of Patient Information.
- Third Party Information. The College Web sites may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the College Web sites are those of the respective third party and not of the College or its affiliates. The College makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
- The College Web sites may contain advertisements of third parties. The inclusion of advertisements on the College Web sites does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services by the College. The College shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the College Web sites. Further, the College shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the College Web sites. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
- Links to Third Party Web sites.The College Web sites may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which the College exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to from the College Web sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Links to College Web sites and College Content.Third parties who post links to the College Web sites and/or College Content may not use the College trademark or logo and shall not suggest that the College promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, Web sites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the College Web sites shall be the responsibility of the linking party. The College reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates the College’s rights or causes interruption or deterioration of College Content.
- Warranties Disclaimed.The College Web sites and College Content are provided “as is” and “as available.” Neither the College, the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, affiliates, employees, officers, or directors nor any of their agents, their representatives, suppliers, advertisers, promotional partners, or licensors (collectively “College Parties”) provide any express or implied representation or warranty of any kind, including without limitation, any representation or warranty that (i) the College Web sites or College Content, or any results that may be obtained by you, are complete, accurate, reliable or non-infringing; (ii) access to the College Web sites will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; (iii) the quality of any products, services, information or other material purchased or obtained by you through the College Web sites will meet your expectations; or (iv) College Content will remain unchanged or accessible on the College Web sites. All warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and/or non-infringement of intellectual property.
- Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the College Web sites must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.